University Career Services (UCS) within Enrollment Services is a comprehensive career center dedicated to the success of all Georgia State University students. Last year, we served over 8,000 students via face-to-face contacts and over 9,000 students through our programs and events. These 17,000 plus student service contacts represented students from all colleges, across all years. Much of our success comes from the quality services UCS offers, our customer service focus, and our deep commitment to help each and every student and recruiter succeed.
We do not work in isolation; we work with faculty, academic advisors and other career professionals across the campus so as to maximize your success as a student or as an employer. Our campus career partners include the Robinson College of Business Career Management Center, the College of Law Career Services, and Georgia State University Alumni Career Services.
Our mission is to assist students with the identification of, preparation for, and transition into opportunities that reflect their purpose and passion in the pursuit of success in a global society.
Our Four Basics
- We help students and alumni explore academic majors, find internships and jobs, launch careers, explore graduate and professional school options and pursue their professional goals.
- We help employment recruiters from big corporations to small agencies discover, recruit and hire Georgia State University students and alumni. We are like an extension of a recruiting organization’s human resources wing, seeking collegiate talent. We help with both internship hiring and entry-level career position hiring.
- We manage Panther Career Net, Georgia State University’s online job board for students, alumni and employers. There is no student or employer fee to use Panther Career Net.
- We help professional and graduate school recruiters connect with students and alumni seeking advanced educational opportunities locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
We offer many other services and events for students, alumni, employers and grad school recruiters, including referrals across the campus. To check out our student, alumni and recruiter services, click on the links to the left.
To contact us, please call 404-413-1820 or visit us in Student Center West, Room 270, located at 66 Courtland St. SE, Atlanta, Georgia 30303.
On behalf of the University Career Services team, we wish you great success here at Georgia State University and that includes your career success!
- University Career Services will be recognized as a leading source in career development that offers a comprehensive range of services that are of value to students, faculty, staff and recruiters.
- The Georgia State University community will know and understand the career development process.
- Students with whom we work will exhibit career readiness.
- Students will engage in career-related experiences that lead toward their career objectives.
- We will provide excellent customer service.
- Caring, expressed through our commitment to students, their empowerment and their inspiration
- Excellence, expressed through knowledge, expertise, service and accountability to students and recruiters
- Diversity, of people, of thought and of action
- Future orientation, honoring the past and present
- Support for Georgia State University, our context and ultimate purpose – educating students
- University Career Services is staffed by professionals dedicated to student and recruiter success.
- We value career exploration, intentional planning and thoughtful preparation.
- We know career planning is not a simple process, and we will take the time to assist.
- We believe in strong, trusting relationships that deliver results.
- Career Resource Center: career library, computer lab, online career tools and support personnel, all to support students exploring their passion and purpose
- Career Development Team: coordinates career counseling, career assessment and campus workshops and helps students discover their passion and purpose
- Employer Relations Team: generates student jobs, internships, and career opportunities; coordinates career and internship fairs and campus employer visits; helps students prepare for the job/internship search; and helps students connect with their passion and purpose
- Graduate and Professional School Planning Program: coordinates yearly recruiting fair, assists students with their advanced degree planning, and helps students pursue their passion and purpose