Alumni Career Services
Welcome to Alumni Career Services at University Career Services. Our staff of professionals is dedicated to assist you with a number of options to help you advance in your chosen career path. With the ever-developing economy, we understand the importance of connections and preparation to meet the changing times. We encourage you to view the list of options available for continuing your pursuit of your passion. We offer Georgia State University alumni two levels of service, Tiers I and II.
You are welcome to visit University Career Services at 66 Courtland Street, Atlanta, GA 30303, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are located on the second floor of Student Center West, Room 270.
For either level of service, we must verify Georgia State University alumni status, for which a unique verification card will be issued. To do this, you must submit specific information regarding your academic program of study using the University Career Services Alumni Career Services inquiry form. We do not mail verification cards; they must be picked up in person. We ask that you present this card each time a service is requested along with a government-issued photo ID.
Note: University Career Services will provide Tier II services to recent Georgia State University graduates for up to one year after graduation from Georgia State University at no fee. After the one-year grace period, a Alumni Career Services program fee of $75 will need to be assessed in order to obtain Tier II services. Tier I services do not have an associated fee. See the Tier I and Tier II tabs for more information.
We look forward to seeing you!
Tier I: Free career services for Georgia State University alumni
(Proceed to Tier II if you want access to the online job board or one-on-one assistance.)
You are welcome to walk-in at any time during our normal business hours to use our online and book resources. To stay abreast of upcoming events and updates, visit University Career Services. There is no fee for Tier I services. Please complete the inquiry form and select Tier I, prior to visiting University Career Services. This way we can verify your alumni status in advance and provide you with your Alumni Career Services card on your first visit, which will allow you to access to Tier I services.
Note:This service is best for those who do not wish to receive one-on-one assistance from a University Career Services staff person. Tier I does not include access to the online job board Panther Career Net, résumé reviews or career advising or counseling. With Tier I, you are provided with the following:
All Tier II services require you to complete the University Career Services, Alumni Career Services inquiry form. Our staff will verify your alumni status within 72 hours and send a welcome email. Please note all payments must be processed before individualized services can be rendered. The fee for Tier II services is $75/year.
Note: University Career Services will provide Tier II services to recent Georgia State University graduates for up to one year after their graduation date at no fee. The Alumni Career Services program fee for Tier II services will be assessed after the one-year grace period has ended. Services rendered a year or more after graduation require a $75 Tier II fee payment.
Tier II access provides alumni with the following:
- Alumni Career Services Tier II card and lapel pin
- Individualized résumé and curriculum vitae reviews
- Individualized interview skills training (mock and virtual)
- Career assessments including interpretation (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment or Strong Interest Inventory only)
- Individualized career counseling and job search coaching
- Individualized graduate and professional school planning assistance
- Email notification of career events
- Access to Panther Career Net - Georgia State University’s online job board for students and alumni
- Admission to on-campus interviews
- College/School – Specialized services may be available for certain schools and colleges.
- Andrew Young School of Policy Studies Career Center, 404-413-0069
- J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Career Management Center, 404-413-1757
NOTE: The $75 Alumni Career Services program fee does not enroll a person into the Panther Alumni Association; that is a separate fee and membership. Contact Alumni Association for details.
To enroll in Tier II Services, please complete the University Career Services, Alumni Career Services inquiry form
University Career Services, Alumni Career Services Inquiry Form
Please complete the following form to enroll in Alumni Career Services administered by University Career Services. When you select submit, this form will automatically direct to the Alumni Career Services Coordinator for processing. While most inquiries will be responded to quickly, do understand we also serve currently enrolled students and thus our response time varies and it may take up to 72 hours. An initial follow-up contact (typically by email) from a University Career Services staff member will include verification of your degree granted and, if confirmation of your selected level of service, in addition to payment information if you choose Tier II. Once verification of your status has been processed, your Alumni Career Services card will be printed and ready for you to pick up (please bring a government issued ID). We do not mail cards. Should we have additional questions regarding your inquiry, we will contact you immediately. We look forward to welcoming you to University Career Services!
- University Career Services (UCS), while desiring to provide services to all Georgia State University Alumni who seek assistance with their career planning, may only be able to provide limited services and resources for some requests. This has to do with UCS not being able to offer specialized services for some academic areas. In such cases, UCS will provide referrals as needed and will discuss our service limitation in advance to registering for services, based on information provided on the Inquiry Form.
- It is possible UCS may need to refer a registered Tier II user to an outside service and/or terminate services. If this occurs within the first three months of a user’s registration and payment for Tier II services, a full refund of the $75 will be provided. If this determination occurs after the first 3 months and the user has already used services, a refund may not be provided. While not an exhaustive list, such referral/termination situations would typically arise when:
a. A user has had three or more no-shows for scheduled appointments with staff (a no-show is defined as missing a scheduled appointment without advance notification of at least 24 hours); and/or
b. UCS determines that the user is not benefiting from the services provided by UCS; and/or
c. The user is not following through with the career development assignments, career exploration tasks, or recommendations of the staff; and/or
d. The user is disruptive to the function of the service and/or the UCS office.
- Alumni Career Services is currently only available for Georgia State University Alumni who can personally visit University Career Services, which is located on the second floor of Student Center West, Room 270, at Georgia State University.
- UCS does not provide any mental health counseling services, and such service requests cannot be honored. We will assist with referrals into the community.
- This program is only for Georgia State University Alumni who have completed a program of study and have earned a certificate or degree from Georgia State University.
- The program is not a community service for the general public; community members will be referred into the community. Community is defined as non-Georgia State University and the general public.
- Membership in the Alumni Association does not provide access to Alumni Career Services. The Alumni Career Services program, which is administered by University Career Services, is not associated with the Georgia State University Alumni Association. University Career Services is a department of the Division of Student Affairs at Georgia State University.