Alumni Career Services
University Career Services offers limited services for Georgia State University alumni within one year of graduation. The services focus on job search preparation and career counseling for a limited 12-month period.
Alumni of Georgia State University are always welcome to attend any career event sponsored by our office and will occasionally receive communication regarding on-campus events.
Beginning October 3, 2016, we will offer alumni membership at an annual fee of $75. This fee does not apply to recent graduates who are within 12 months of graduation.
The annual fee covers:
- Access to Handshake (University Career Services’ online job board)
- Up to six appointments within a 12-month period. Alumni may choose any of the following: career assessment, job search planning, graduate school preparation and career counseling
- Access to all career events and campus interviews
- Career Drop-In sessions for resume reviews and quick job search tips Tuesday-Friday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (no appointment needed).
To register with our office, please complete the online form below, and we will verify the information provided. The Robinson College of Business, College of Law and the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies offer services for alumni as well, and you may contact them directly.
Thank you for your interest in our services, and we look forward to assisting you with your career transition.
Note: All recent Georgia State University graduates have access to use our services within one year of graduation at no additional fee.
All services require you to complete the Alumni Career Services Inquiry form. Our staff will verify your alumni status within 72 hours and send a welcome email. Please note all payments must be processed before individualized services can be rendered. The fee for services is $75/year.
Note: University Career Services will provide services to recent Georgia State University graduates within one year of graduation at no cost. The Alumni Career Services program fee for services will be assessed after the one-year grace period has ended. Services rendered a year or more after graduation require a $75 payment.
Access provides alumni with the following:
- Alumni Career Services card and lapel pin
- Choose any of the following for your six appointments:
- Individualized resume and curriculum vitae (CV) reviews
- Individualized interview skills training (mock and virtual)
- Career assessments including interpretation (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment or Strong Interest Inventory only)
- Individualized career counseling and job search coaching
- Individualized graduate and professional school planning assistance
- Email notification of career events
- Access to Handshake, our online job board for students and alumni
- Admission to on-campus interviews
Specialized services may be available for certain schools and colleges.
- Andrew Young School of Policy Studies Career Center - 404-413-0069
- J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Career Management Center - 404-413-1757
Note: The $75 Alumni Career Services program fee does not enroll a person into the Panther Alumni Association, which requires a separate fee and membership. Contact the Alumni Association for details.
To enroll in Alumni Membership, please complete the Alumni Career Services Inquiry form.
Please complete the following form to enroll in Alumni Career Services administered by University Career Services. When you select submit, this form will automatically direct to the Alumni Career Services Coordinator for processing. While most inquiries will be responded to quickly, do understand we also serve currently enrolled students, therefore our response time varies and may take up to 72 hours. An initial follow-up contact (typically by email) from a University Career Services staff member will include verification of your degree granted
Note: We provide services to recent graduates (alumni) within one year of graduation at no cost.
- University Career Services (UCS), while desiring to provide services to all Georgia State University Alumni who seek assistance with their career planning, may only be able to provide limited services and resources for some requests. This has to do with UCS not being able to offer specialized services for some academic areas. In such cases, UCS will provide referrals as needed and will discuss our service limitation in advance to registering for services, based on information provided on the Inquiry Form.
- It is possible UCS may need to refer a registered alum member user to an outside service and/or terminate services. If this occurs within the first three months of a user’s registration and payment for membership, a full refund of the $75 will be provided. If this determination occurs after the first three months and the user has already used services, a refund may not be provided. While not an exhaustive list, such referral/termination situations would typically arise when:
a. A user has had three or more no-shows for scheduled appointments with staff (a no-show is defined as missing a scheduled appointment without advance notification of at least 24 hours); and/or
b. UCS determines that the user is not benefiting from the services provided by UCS; and/or
c. The user is not following through with the career development assignments, career exploration tasks, or recommendations of the staff; and/or
d. The user is disruptive to the function of the service and/or the UCS office.
- Alumni Career Services is currently only available for Georgia State University Alumni who can personally visit University Career Services, which is located on the second floor of Student Center West, Room 270, at Georgia State University.
- UCS does not provide any mental health counseling services, and such service requests cannot be honored. We will assist with referrals into the community.
- This program is only for Georgia State University Alumni who have completed a program of study and have earned a certificate or degree from Georgia State University.
- The program is not a community service for the general public; community members will be referred into the community. Community is defined as non-Georgia State University and the general public.
- Membership in the Alumni Association does not provide access to Alumni Career Services. The Alumni Career Services program, which is administered by University Career Services, is not associated with the Georgia State University Alumni Association. University Career Services is a department of the Division of Student Affairs at Georgia State University.