Sorry. You must be logged in to view this form.
Classroom and Campus Presentations
University Career Services (UCS) is frequently invited to come into classrooms and campus organizations to provide exciting and interactive career-oriented presentations. We present on a wide range of topics (see list below on the form) and can tailor presentations. Because our presentation schedule is often very busy, we suggest scheduling for this service early in the semester.
UCS provides faculty, who are not able to teach a class/lecture, with classroom coverage through its Classroom Services program.
When does this happen? Faculty often attend conferences, teach seminars at other universities, or may be called away for other reasons. We will, with adequate notice, provide instructional coverage for faculty who cannot teach a class on a specific day. We will also take attendance for you, if requested.
Don’t worry! We will not teach your subject material. UCS will only teach career oriented topics, as noted below or as arranged by the faculty member and UCS. We will tailor the material to the academic discipline of the course, if possible, so students have the maximum benefit.
The following topics are commonly requested. We will also tailor a presentation based on your request.
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Interview Skills
- Job Search Skills - Including Online Resources, Panther Career Net and Other Student Job Boards
- Overview of Career Services, Career Decision Making and Choosing an Academic Major
- Professional and Graduate School Planning
- Smart Applications in a Tough Economy
- The Impact of Internships on Career Development
- The Academic Job Search
- The Pros and Cons of Social Networking
- Winning Résumés and Cover Letters
- Writing the Personal Statement for Graduate School Applications
Interested? It's simple. Just complete the form, and your request will be submitted to Assistant Director Conquaya James. Please give us at least three weeks' notice before the actual presentation visit as we have to prep our materials to create the best presentation possible for your students. During peak request times and during University Career Services event weeks, we may not be able to honor all requests.
What the Program Will Not Do:
This program will not do the following:
- Proctor or administer tests and exams.
- Provide regular coverage on an ongoing basis to one faculty member or course.
- Teach material outside the confines of career development and/or the expertise of the UCS professional.
- Provide last minute classroom coverage.