Graduate Career Counselor Internship Application
University Career Services is seeking candidates to apply for the 2016-17 academic school year practicum/internship. Please review the Graduate Intern position description and carefully read the information on this page. If you feel you meet the qualifications, download and complete the entire internship application. Please see submission information below.
Deadline to Apply: April 15, 2016
- Receive comprehensive training in the delivery of career counseling services.
- Provide career counseling to the culturally diverse Georgia State University student population in one-on-one and group settings.
- Develop and present career-related seminars and workshops on topics such as resume writing, job search strategies, interviewing, finding an internship and networking.
- Participate in individual supervision with a licensed professional career counselor.
- Currently enrolled graduate students from mental health counseling, college student personnel, higher education, psychology or closely related fields of study
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and teaching ability
- Interest in career counseling, college student development and cross-cultural communication
- Interns should be able to commit to:
- One academic year (August 2016 to April 2017)
- Two-day orientation and training prior to the official internship start date
- 20 hours per week minimum on-site including 10 hours of direct service to clients
- This is a stipend compensated position and carries with it the expectations of staff member.
- Georgia State University graduate students receive GRA credit and tuition waiver.
- A cover letter, résumé and list of three references must be received by April 15, 2016.
- Candidates specifically interested in career counseling as a profession are preferred.
- If selected for an interview, candidates should prepare a 10-minute presentation on a career-related topic such as résumé writing, networking, job search strategies, choosing a major, interviewing strategies, applying to graduate school, dual career families or other career-related topic.
Submitting Your Application: To apply, please complete the 2016-17 UCS Graduate Career Counselor Internship Application and submit to Conquaya James, Assistant Director.
Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.