Graduate Career Counselor Internship Application
University Career Services is seeking candidates to apply for the 2017-18 academic school year practicum/internship. Please review the Graduate Intern position description and carefully read the information on this page. If you feel you meet the qualifications, download and complete the entire internship application. Please see submission information below.
Deadline to Apply: March 3, 2017
- Receive comprehensive training in the delivery of career counseling services.
- Provide career counseling to the culturally diverse Georgia State University student population in Career Drop-Ins, one-on-one and group settings.
- Develop and present career-related seminars and workshops on topics such as resume writing, job search strategies, interviewing, finding an internship, networking, etc.
- Participate in individual supervision with a nationally certified and master career counselor.
- Currently enrolled graduate students from mental health counseling, college student personnel, higher education, psychology or closely related fields of study
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and teaching ability
- Interest in career counseling, college student development and cross-cultural communication
- Interns should be able to commit to:
- One academic year (August 2017 to May 2018)
- Summer orientation and training prior to the official internship start date (based on intern’s schedule)
- 20 hours per week maximum onsite including 10-15 hours of direct service to clients
- This is a stipend compensated position and carries with it the expectations of a staff member.
- Georgia State University graduate students receive GRA credit and a tuition waiver.
- A cover letter, résumé and list of three references must be received by March 3, 2017.
- Candidates specifically interested in career counseling as a profession are preferred.
Submitting Your Application: To apply, please complete the 2017-18 UCS Graduate Career Counselor Internship Application and submit to Conquaya James, Assistant Director.
Successful applicants will be contacted for a 30-minute interview in March of 2017.