Panther Career Net
Panther Career Net (PCN) is the Georgia State University Career Services primary job posting board and on-campus career partner. Over 15,000 Georgia State University students are registered! Use PCN to search for internships, on and off-campus part-time jobs, as well as entry-level career positions.
Why Use Panther Career Net?
Panther Career Net is designed to help University Career Services and employers communicate with students about managing their careers. PCN’s primary purpose is to keep students informed about career programs, on-campus recruiting and employment opportunities.To get started with Panther Career Net, login with your campus ID and password (or GoSOLAR login). Check out the complete instructions. Also be sure to look at our Panther Career Net Quick Start Sheet. For more on how to access the system, please call 404-413-1820.
- Panther Career Net Login Instructions
- Panther Career Net Quick Start Sheet
- Panther Career Net Presentation – Gives a brief overview on how to use the system
Students are encouraged to visit University Career Services (260 University Center) to:
- Find out what programs and services are available to them
- Attend workshops and recruitment events
- Get help registering and uploading résumés to Panther Career Net
To get started with Panther Career Net, click here and login with your campus ID and password (or GoSOLAR login). If you have problems accessing Panther Career net, please call 404-413-1820 for assistance.
If you do not know your campus ID and password, follow these steps to change your CampusID and Password. If you should have problems accessing Panther Career Net, please contact Brenda Respress, email@example.com or 404-413-1829 for assistance.
Note: You can toggle back and forth between both systems by clicking on the “Jump To” button located on the homepage under Quicklinks.
View existing and upload new documents (résumés, cover letters, unofficial transcripts) by clicking on the documents link [I.] on the top navigation bar.
NOTE: You must first bring your résumé to 260 University Center to have it reviewed by a professional University Career Services staff member.
Click on add new [II.] to upload new document.
The system will convert the document to .pdf format. The process should typically take 5-10 minutes.
The Make Default button designates a main résumé that will be the first option when submitting a résumé to employers, and with permission, will appear in employer résumé books.
- View information about on-campus interviews by clicking on MY INTERVIEWS from the top navigation bar [I.]
- View a list of interviews that have been signed up for by clicking on the Scheduled Interviews tab.
- View interview details by clicking on the link in the Interview Date column [III.]
- Change the date and time of the interview by clicking the Reschedule button. (The Reschedule button will not cancel the existing interview until a new time-slot is selected.)
- Unschedule an interview by clicking the Cancel Interview button.
- View a list of the positions applied for by clicking on the Interview Requests tab.
- If the Status column reads “Invited!” – sign up for the interview by clicking on the Schedule Interview button, select an available timeslot, and then click the Submit button.
- If the Status column reads “Alternate!” – the Schedule Interview button will appear once the Alternate Signup period starts.
- If the Status column reads “Not Invited” – the select period has begun and interview status is still pending or the employer has declined the interview request.
- If the Status column reads “Pending” – the select period has not yet begun.
- Remove a job application by clicking the Withdraw Application button.
- Go to IT Services for Students
- Type in your user name and password.
- Click Login.
- Click Options>Mailbox Management.
- Under Forward all new messages, select Yes.
- If you want to keep copies of your messages in your student mailbox, select Yes for the Keep Copy option.
- In the Forward to field, provide one or more email addresses where you want to forward your messages. List one email address per line.
- Click Save to save your changes.