Marketing Your Organization
The "Come and Meet Us" meeting and the "Pre-Interview Information Session"
- Information sessions will be advertised in the Panther Career Net "Calendar of Events" and flyers. Additionally, employers who offer food tend to have a higher turn out.
- While attendance at information sessions is strongly encouraged, it is not mandatory. Many students are non-traditional and work full-time jobs and/or are only on campus for classes.
- Utilize a mix of video and computer generated presentations. Our facility is equipped with an overhead projector and LCD panel.
- Bring recent new hires to your meeting. Students can relate much better to one of their own.
- The best sessions are relaxed and informal conversations over pizza and soft drinks. Food service may be coordinated through PantherDining Catering. Panther Dining Catering provides many refreshment choices. Contact information is provided with the information room confirmation.
- Select a presenter who is approachable, and extremely knowledgeable about the company.
- Keep it short. Allow at least half of your time for questions from the students.
- Session should be fun and informative.
- Contact student clubs and organizations to announce your sessions or to identify creative ways to generate student interest by visiting Student Life and Leadership.
- Door prizes and give-aways are great.
- Light refreshments are a great draw for sessions during the early afternoon.
View the current Student Clubs and Organizations
If you are considering additional ways to market your organization, this may be the right program for you.
Volunteer services available:
- Students can schedule 15- to 30-minute appointments to meet with you to review their résumé, learn industry-specific interview skills, practice mock interviewing, develop their personal network and more.
- Conduct job skills workshops for up to 35 students.
- Set up walk-in hours to discuss your organization, your career path and opportunities.
Please complete the form below to sign up.
Recruiters, do you want to be more engaged with the students? Join the University Career Services staff for our Résumania program! Provide 15-minute reviews to students on perfecting their résumé. We provide the handouts for formatting, and we welcome your input for content. Résumania hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The highest student traffic time is 12:30-3 p.m. Choose a time that best fits your schedule!
Contact Employer Relations at 404-413-1837 to get started.
Meet and greet with a diverse, highly talented student population to fill your part-time hiring needs with our on-campus recruitment program for part-time jobs! A limited amount of tabling space in the Library Plaza, situated strategically near the center of campus, is available for reservation with the Job Location Development program staff. By recruiting on campus, you will not only create connections with our students, but also our faculty, administration and staff, as well as increase your company’s brand at Georgia State University.
The Employer Relations Job Location Development Coordinator encourages companies desiring to conduct on-campus recruitment visits to contact us weeks in advance in order to discuss optimal scheduling of space, appropriateness of the venue and to maximize University Career Services marketing efforts in support of an employer visit.