Handshake – Students
Current students (and recent alumni who have graduated within the past year) should use the following instructions to access Handshake.
- Log into Handshake using your campus ID and password.
- Review your profile information to ensure its accurate.
- Start using Handshake to search for internship and job opportunities, search for and register to attend career events and to schedule on campus interviews with recruiters.
You do not need to have your résumé approved by a UCS staff member prior to applying for positions. However, you can always have your résumé reviewed without an appointment during Career Drop-Ins.
Please be advised that new/incoming students (those that will begin attending classes during the next semester) will not have access to Handshake until they begin attending classes.
Alumni who have graduated over one year ago have the option of enrolling in our Tier II service program. For more information, please call 404-413-1820.
- Go to the Georgia State University password support page.
- Log in using your user name and password.
- Go to options and mailbox management.
- Under forward all new messages, select yes.
- If you want to keep copies of your messages in your student mailbox, select yes for the keep copy option.
- In the forward to field, provide one or more email addresses where you want to forward your messages. List one email address per line.
- Be sure to save your changes.