University Career Services will remain open virtually! Here are the various ways in which you can connect with our office:
Due to the campus response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), all career counseling appointments will only be offered virtually through WebEx until further notice.
To schedule an appointment:
- Log into Handshake.
- Click on the Career Center tab.
- Click on Appointments and then click on Schedule Appointment.
- Select University Career Services. Perimeter College Students: select your respective campus.
- Choose an Appointment Type, and select a date/time that works best for you.
Handshake is our online career management system. It includes a job board where you can browse and apply to thousands of jobs, make career counseling appointments, and receive announcements for events. There is also access to many career-related resources.
Please take this opportunity to complete your profile. It only takes a few minutes. By completing your profile, you will be become more visible to employers who are looking for your specific qualifications and jobs that match your interests will be highlighted for you.
OptimalResume is designed to help you craft and perfect your resume in addition to practicing your interview skills. It includes templates and keywords to use to make your resume stand out.
Please take this opportunity to draft your resume and schedule an appointment in Handshake to have it reviewed.
Portfolium is a digital portfolio tool that allows you to visually showcase your academic and professional accomplishments and experiences.
Please take this opportunity to post work samples such as images, project summaries and writing samples that demonstrate your skills.
For more information, visit the Resources tab in Handshake.
- The Career Closet is now available online!
- Career Closet donations will be accepted via the drop-off bins in Student Center West, Room 270.
To receive a resume review, log into GSU.OptimalResume.com.
- If you currently have a resume, upload it to OptimalResume.
- Click Document Center > Resumes > Create New Resume.
- Name your resume.
- Check Upload resume and click Start Resume.
- Follow the same steps for Cover Letters, but use the Letters
- If you do not have a resume, you can create one from a template in OptimalResume. The template will guide you through creating an initial draft of your document.
To complete a resume review:
- Under Review Group, select Career Services.
- IGNORE THE SECOND DROP DOWN MENU. DO NOT SELECT A REVIEWER.
- Include a message, and click Submit.
Once your resume review has been completed, you will be notified via email.
To receive a resume review, please send an email to email@example.com from the email address associated with your Handshake account. The email should include the following:
- Your resume and/or cover letter attached
- Your full name
- Your 9-digit Panther number
Your document will be reviewed within 24 hours and emailed back to you with the recommended edits.
For all other appointment types, log into Handshake to make an appointment.
Our students want to connect with you! Thank you for your continued interest in our students and alumni. Georgia State’s campus recruiting program has transitioned to virtual programming.
Let us host your recruiting event virtually. Use Handshake to register for standing events, including virtual job fairs and Who What Wednesday.
Virtual Who What Wednesday – September through November
Employers can engage students in 30-minute sessions to discuss future opportunities. Recruiters can choose their own time slot and upload info for students to view. There is no fee for this event.
Our team is available for a virtual meeting to assist you in your hiring needs and recruiting events.
Questions? Contact Ramona Simien.