Getting Started with Handshake
- Create a Handshake user account.
- Create a Handshake company profile.
- Connect with Georgia State University on Handshake.
- Select to Post a Job, Request On-Campus Interviews, or Request an On-Campus Event (Information Table or Session)
- Add Handshake (email@example.com) to your address book so system emails will not be filtered to your spam or junk mail.
How to post a position:
You may post any of the following types of positions within Handshake: Internship or Co-op, Full-Time, Part-Time, Permanent, or Temporary/Seasonal.
- Log into your Handshake account.
- Select to Post a Job from the Handshake dashboard.
- Complete the form providing as much detail as possible for best recruiting results (you can copy and paste information into these forms).
- Provide details of your candidate preferences (i.e., GPA, graduation date, major, etc.) Keep in mind that you will have a larger pool if your criteria is not too narrow
- Students were 380% more likely to look at jobs that were paid
- If you’ll offer some type of compensation or "perks" (i.e., per diem, free coffee, meals, gas cards, stipend at end of experience, etc.), include it in the description
- See Handshake’s support page if you should have any technical questions.
Georgia State University is committed to connecting students and employers for quality professional paths. This means that the organization will not promote posts that are not appropriate for the student population. This includes but is not limited to upfront investment sales positions and 100% commission-based salaries. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Third Party Recruiter (Staffing/Employment Agencies) Policy
Third-Party Recruiter (Staffing/Employment Agencies) can post a job for a client if the job description has the name of the employer actually hiring the candidates. Third-Party Recruiters may participate in career fairs only if they are recruiting for positions in their organization
*Right of Refusal – Any company or organization seeking to recruit at Georgia State University must register a Handshake account through Georgia State University. If a representative of an organization fails to comply with Georgia State University policies, campus posting policies, or NACE Principles for Employment Professionals; access to some or all of University Career Services and Handshake may be declined or revoked. Final approval to use Georgia State University facilities and services for the purposes of recruitment rests with the Director of University Career Services.
*NO SOLICITATION POLICY – University Career Services does not give permission to any organization, or individual, to distribute materials of any kind throughout campus, for the purposes of recruitment. All promotional materials regarding an approved and scheduled recruiting event will be distributed directly through our staff and associated media to interested and qualified students.